Lancaster

The Lancaster Chapter, the founding chapter of the NRHS, is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization with a library, train watching deck, full kitchen and meeting facility. Our chapter home is an 1882 Pennsylvania Railroad freight station located in Christiana, Pennsylvania at milepost 48.5 on the former Pennsylvania Railroad main line, known today as Amtrak's Keystone Corridor. Founded in 1935, the Lancaster Chapter has monthly meetings featuring a variety of programs and is instrumental in preserving the local rail scene. Major projects include the restoration of the historic Christiana Station; restoration of the clock at the Lancaster Amtrak station; preservation of Pennsylvania Railroad GG-1 No. 4800, the original GG-1; preservation and relocation of the PRR "J" (Lemo) Tower to Strasburg, Pa., and preservation of the Reading Company FP-7s. The chapter is currently restoring Conrail N7E caboose No. 21153, located at the freight station site. Visitors are always welcome to our meetings, held on the third Monday of each month at 7:30 p.m., and activities. Please contact an officer or the chapter website for additional information.

Second Vice President: Glenn Kendig. Chaplain: David Stambaugh. 1st Director: Cindy Kendig. 2nd Director: Stephen Himpsl. Webmaster: Fred B. Kurtz.

Year Established: 
1935
Chapter Address: 
Lancaster Chapter NRHS
10 Railroad Ave
Christiana, PA 17509-1416
Publication: 
Lancaster Dispatcher
President: 
Thomas C. Shenk
Vice President: 
Harold L. Shaak, Jr.
Secretary: 
Donetta M. Eberly
Treasurer: 
Richard Rutledge
Editor: 
Edward J. Mayover
Historian: 
Thomas McMaster
National Representative: 
Fred B. Kurtz
Membership Chair: 
Fred B. Kurtz
Chapter Number: 
1
Phone: 
(610) 593-4968
Meeting Schedule: 
3rd Mon 7:30pm
Meeting Address: 
Lancaster Chapter NRHS
10 Railroad Avenue
Christiana, PA 17509-1416