Program: Heritage Film Collection
The National Railway Historical Society maintains an extensive collection of train, railroad and railway related films, videos, and slides. Much of the material is historic and/or out of print.
Heritage Film Collection
The National Railway Historical Society maintains an extensive collection of train, railroad and railway related films. Much of the material is historic and/or out of print.
- The Harry P. Dodge Memorial Film Library contains over 100 16mm films.
- The Harry P. Dodge Memorial NRHS Slide Collection contains 19 slide shows.
The 16mm films, some of which are available in video, are available for rental to NRHS Chapters and to bona fide organizations engaged in rail preservation, railroad history and railroad education. Under certain circumstances, they may be made available for commercial purposes. Sorry, but no rentals are made to individuals.
- Browse the on-line catalog and identify the name and number of the film you wish to rent.
- Print and complete the rental application. Be sure to specify an alternate.
- Mail the rental application along with a check payable to NRHS, to the address listed on the form at least 30 days before you wish to have the material.
- Individuals requesting materials on behalf of an organization may be required to show that the rental is for the organization listed.
- Additional instructions and information are available on the appropriate order form.
- Films are circulated on a first-come first-serve basis. E-mail reservations are not accepted.
- We reserve the right to refuse to rent any film for any reason.
- Videos are VHS format unless otherwise noted.
For information on renting films from the NRHS library, please consult the following documents:
Make a donation to our Film Preservation Program