About Our Chapter
The public is welcome to the monthly chapter meetings (excluding December at 7 pm on the third Thursday of the month at the Shiloh Museum, 118 W. Johnson Ave., Springdale, Ark. The meetings are also held over the internet; check the most recent edition of the chapter newsletter (http://arkrailfan.com/newsletters) for more information.
- Other recent activities of the Arkansas Boston-Mountains Chapter include the following: Some of these community events provide children and adults for opportunity to operate model railroad trains.
- A display of model railroad and rail history at area train shows
- The Frisco Festival held annually in Rogers, Arkansas
- The Children’s Christmas Train, co-sponsored by chapter member Arkansas & Missouri Railroad and J.B. Hunt Transport, annually generates tens of thousands of dollars for child welfare causes in Northwest Arkansas
- Sponsoring a high school student to attend the summer NRHS RailCamp
- Christmas banquet while taking a leisurely ride in a parlor car on the Arkansas & Missouri Railroad
The chapter hosted the 2014 annual convention of NRHS.
Chapter Number: C188
Year Established: 1987
P.O. Box 1303
Springdale, AR 72765-1303
Phone: (479) 422-0401
Publication Name: The Scrambler
District Director: Program Director: Hugh Harris
President: Mike Sypult
Vice President: Larry Cain
Secretary: Malcolm K. Cleaveland
Treasurer: Rose Ann Hofer
Editor: Jim Gattis
Historian: Al H. Kaeppel
National Representative: Jim Gattis
Membership Chair: Malcolm Cleaveland
Webmaster: Mike Sypult
Meeting Schedule: 3rd Thur 7:00pm (ex Dec)
118 W. Johnson Ave.